Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hi! I'm back! 3rd time in the same day....

Yeah! I have to see for how long. I am lazy indeed when it comes to writing my deepest thoughts up on the internet... It kind of blows privacy and resembles exhibitionism.
But I think the new developments in my life call for it.

So, as I've stated previously I am a legal immigrant to Canada. I am in Vancouver starting Saturday, April 24th 2010, 6.30 pm.

Oh boy! Getting here was the hardest thing I have done in my entire life. And now, that I have been here for weeks and 1 day... I am still waking up in the morning and wondering where am I and what I'm doing here!

It takes time............

Adjusting to the time change .... took us over 2 weeks. We have slept ourselves out until we managed to go to bed at 12pm and wake up around 9 am. Well, at least some of us :-). We've just adjusted to that but realized that during this process we've won 5-7 lb each (me and raresh) which is bad enough.

As any beginning, things are a bit slow although we were extremely lucky since we are staying at Ciprian's house (Raresh's friend from childhood). He and his wife greeted us at the YVR - Vancouver International Airport altogether with Gabi and Corina, who are friends of theirs and some far relatives of Raresh.

We have got our SIN's and we applied for the PRC and the MSP for which we are still waiting. The last two weeks we were attending the Job Search Evolutions! course with S.U.C.C.E.S.S - an NGO that helps new immigrants to get acquainted to the Canadian labour market and general working environment.

Very helpful program and very world racking ..... so, yeah, it turned us upside down. Everything we thought we knew about Canada was either completely or partially WRONG!

Good news though... we have learned the truth. :-) Not an easy thing to accept.

But we like Rene, the trainer. Cynically upfront and aggressively sincere. Nice guy.

On the home front... small battles going nowhere. Who wins when your opponent is a completely different category and there are no knock-outs?! If you ask me... it's the one that learns the lesson. That would be us... Nu, pisu?!

Soon we will move to our house and everything will be alright.

I miss Ana even if I talk to her almost every other day.
I miss Tita. I miss my grandmother.
I miss Toni and Papa. I miss my father.
I miss Lorena with her Zmeu and my aunt and uncle.

Yeah, I miss Catalin too. And Andreas a bit but not too much since he used to teese me by calling me "Tovarasa".

I also miss Morar, but I've got used to missing him and we do chat from time to time on messenger. ;-)

The interesting thing is that I kind of miss the fact that I did not have time to know Corina at all before we left... We have an online relationship that feels promising.

So the emotional part is kind of covered.

I need to get a job. That is the practical part. That should be easy enough ... we'll see next week.

What I do miss for real and for a very long time is ..... privacy.

I'm giving it 2-3 weeks and then I will harm somebody if I don't get an apartment.

Till then... the real thing is in the "MOSTLY URBAN PHANTASIES". Keep tuned and looking for your feed back.

Time to make love.

No comments: